Blackbaud Education Management What's New for June 21, 2022
Here are all of the latest changes, updates, and new features for the Education management products for June 21, 2022.
Missed any of our weekly releases? You can catch up on everything in our Month in Review blog posts, which cover every feature and update Education management releases each month.
Cumulative Grade - By Section reportFaculty can now generate and export cumulative grades for a date range using the Cumulative Grade - By Section report. Previously, the report only returned current cumulative grades.
GradebookTeachers now have access to Cumulative grade - By section and Cumulative Average - By Section reports right from their Gradebook experience. After opening Gradebook, navigate to Reports, and then select the specific report to start generating data. The information can also be exported as a CSV file if needed. Keep in mind that this feature adheres to Group Page Access and Grade Access permissions, so as long as the teacher can see courses and grades for students, they'll be able to see the output.
Wider fields in grade average calculation setupIn Grade average calculation setup, the width of dropdown menus for classification types has been widened to fit longer classification names.
Blackbaud ID: Migrate this SummerPlatform managers can migrate users to Blackbaud ID via the links on the Core home dashboard. They can also export user lists for use in mail merges and other communications.
Authenticating with Blackbaud ID:
- ensures an even more secure authentication process,
- enables users to further enhance security by enabling multi-factor authentication through text messages or mobile authenticators,
- enables users to login to multiple Blackbaud solutions and support resources with a single username and password,
- enables users to login with “social authentication” via Google’s authentication requirements, password resets, and other support needs,
- enables users to help themselves reset forgotten passwords, rather than platform managers needing to provide tech support for forgotten passwords,
- enables schools to enable an optional SSO for any roles they prefer, so that those users sign in with the school’s identity providers and the school can then manage the users in their claimed domains.
Enforce Blackbaud ID Requirement (Opt-In to EAP)Platform managers can select to join the early adopter program (EAP) which forces all users to log in with Blackbaud ID (BBID) before it’s required for all schools.
From Core, select Security, select Blackbaud ID authentication, select Enforce Blackbaud ID authentication, and finally select Enforce to confirm you want to join the EAP.
When you enforce BBID, all users, regardless of their security role, will be required to log in with Blackbaud ID.
During the EAP, you can revert and opt out to stop enforcing BBID. However, later this year, it will still be enforced for all schools, all users, and all security roles, as previously announced.
Tip: During implementation, your school may have been configured to enforce BBID by default. If so, you won’t see the options for this EAP. The button to Enforce Blackbaud ID authentication and the button to turn it off won’t appear. Your users already use BBID. You don’t need to take any further action.