The Buzz: June 9, 2021
Welcome to today's edition of THE BUZZ.
In this edition, you'll find:
- Featured blog posts
- Upcoming events - including a Community Open House
- Score Points for Answering Questions
Derek Nichols, Blackbaud K-12 Education Solutions™ Tech writer, has a scheduling update for you with regards to the blog and what you can look forward to through the summer months. https://community.blackbaud.com/blogs/17/7681
See how Kevin Taylor shared his Blackbaud FIMS™ Gift Adjustment: Changing Fund ID & Changing ID Code knowledge!
Sign up for one of the many Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT® events https://community.blackbaud.com/events/category/7 hosted by Jennipher Noble.
Steph McClusky posts a Customer Spotlight on Oakland University and the partnership with Blackbaud Fundraiser Performance Management™ https://community.blackbaud.com/forums/viewtopic/594/55263
This month on the Member Leaderboard we say thank you to:
- Members who answered 5+ questions in May
- K–12 UC 2021 Attendees who are starting to network before next month’s virtual free conference
- Members who have earned 20,001-49,999 points to reach Leader Status in the Community
We say Congratulations to our Newest Green Ninjas! Green Ninjas are selected by Crystal, Elizabeth and me, Ray, based on their engagement in the Community. They will be tapped for special Community projects and given VIP treatment. Green Ninjas: Angela Tuttle, Faith Murray and Rachel Cavalier
- Angela has been a member since 2015! On average she is giving of her knowledge by replying 30+ times a month. She's got a great sense of humor that shows up in her Just for Fun post and spreads joy! She has recently been part of the ninja task force to create the #gninja hashtag to identify documents that would be helpful for all members.
- Faith is a dedicated member of the Blackbaud Community that really reaches out to make strong connections with other members. She's a constant presence answering unanswered questions and helping other members streamline their projects.
- Rachel has been a member since 2018 and a regular contributor through likes, replies and she sends friends request to any fellow Brit that enters the Community. She has recently been part of the ninja task force to create the #gninja hashtag to identify documents that would be helpful for all members.
You have to be a Blue Ninja to be considered as a Green Ninja. You may be surprised how many of the badges you may already have, to check if you have all the badges to be deemed a Blue Ninja click here: Ninja Training
HEY THAT'S COOL
Bees are a bit of a hot topic issue in the world today. With the many programs in place to help save the bees on a local and global level, everyone seems to be looking to help them along. In Ireland, there's an inventor looking to use mushrooms to help bees. Bees are on a long list of animals that need our help. What animals are you looking forward to seeing helped out? We'd love to hear about them HERE.
SCORE SOME POINTS!
Here's how: Answer an Unanswered Question! We'll be awarding 1,000 points to any user who can answer one of these questions in Community this week.
Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT®: Examples of queries used with the data from the nightly backupshttps://community.blackbaud.com/forums/viewtopic/147/55236
Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT®: Reconcile Cash Receipts to General Ledgerhttps://community.blackbaud.com/forums/viewtopic/205/55021
SKY Developer: Best Practice for Batch Creation?https://community.blackbaud.com/forums/viewtopic/494/55241
Development Systems & Database Manager-Tacoma Art Museum in beautiful Tacoma, WA
Development Operations Associate -New York, NY
Multimedia Specialist at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida (Orlando)
Find all the submitted jobs listings at the Blackbaud Community Jobs Listings Board
WEBINAR: Report Builder Bootcamp II (June 15)
The Blackbaud Community Open House (June 17)
Blackbaud Grantmaking: Virtual Open Office Hours (June 22)
Live Online Event: Introduction to Blackbaud Grantmaking (June 22)
WEBINAR: What's New with Receipt Management - US Only (June 22)
See the entire Blackbaud Community Events Calendar:
VIRTUAL BBCON 2021 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
This online-only event will unite the social good community for three days of cutting-edge thought leadership, inspiration, virtual networking, and unforgettable experiences.
Registration is now open! Save your spot today.
BLACKBAUD K-12 USER CONFERENCE
The Private School Tech Conference is Virtual again this year. Register today for free and plan on attending July 13-15. You can also claim your attendee and speaker badges and see who is going in the K-12 Conference Community!
BLACKBAUD DEVELOPER'S CONFERENCE
The Blackbaud Developers’ Conference is coming up in less than 2 weeks! June 15 – 17! It brings together all levels of developers and technology enthusiasts to share best practices, exchange great ideas, build relationships with peers, and learn from and collaborate with Blackbaud product experts and partners. Group rates are available!
Did we miss anything? Let us know what you are looking forward to in Community by leaving us a comment below!
Jennipher and team put out such awesome sessions chock-full of great info on FE NXT. The bank feed one on 6/17 looks particularly helpful for some of the bank feed-related questions I've seen lately.