30-Minute Tips & Timesavers - Exporting in Raiser's Edge™ 1891
30-Minute Tips & Timesavers - Exporting in Raiser's Edge™
Get more data out of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge to further your organization. We’re diving deep into the export tool in this session and arming you with tips and tricks on pulling queries, arranging fields, formatting files, and more.

Register here >>
Date & Time
Wednesday March 21st, 2018 1:00pm EDT
End Date & Time
Wednesday March 21st, 2018 1:30pm EDT

Event Comments

3 Comments
Thanks to everyone that joined the webinar today!

As promised, I'm answering all of the questions I didn't have time to comment on during today's webinar.

Can you do 2 summaries of giving? Say lifetime and then only after death (estate giving)?

Chris>> Yes, you can add as many summary fields (total giving, total number of gifts, etc.) into an export template, and you can set up different date/filter criteria for each summary field.

Chris, one challenge we always have is if someone makes multiple gifts in the time period we're exporting on. How do I get them in separate lines, not in columns across the top? Do I have to export multiple gift lines the way you've done with phones?

In Raiser’s Edge NXT can you filter on lifetime giving to specific funds/campaigns/ gift types.

Chris>> Sharing this tip with the group

My continual problem is that my query is correct, but when I try to export the information, it is incorrect. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Everything is the same in query and export (as far as fields), but the results are just not the same.

Chris>> I recommend using a query to feed into an export. Export results are much more reliable than query results. If you test and you still have questions, reach out to Support.

What is a one-to-many field?

Chris>> There are one-to-one fields and one-to-many fields. One-to-one fields must have one single value and cannot occur more than once per record. Examples: First name and last name are examples of a one-to-one field. There is one text field for each, and they only occur on the record once. One-to-many fields can occur more than once per record. Examples: gifts, constituent codes, etc.

Is it possible to use exports with reports?

Chris>> You can feed an export into a custom report, using Crystal Reports. You cannot feed an export into a standard report (in Raiser’s Edge 7, but there is an upcoming feature with Raiser’s Edge NXT where you can feed in an external CSV data file).

How about prepping a mail list with relationship contacts, they export on one line, and I want to mail to each.

Chris>> Create an export with export type = individual relationships.

Waiting patiently for the Analyze tool to come out of Beta. Any new updates on timing of that, Chris? :)

Chris>> Your best source of information is the Raiser’s Edge NXT quarterly roadmap update. Go to https://www.blackbaud.com/events/webseminars.aspx and search for “Raiser's Edge NXT Quarterly Update”.

Can you show me documentation that crystal reports will be going away? My supervisor wants me to take classes to build Crystal in RE, I would hate to do that if the functionality is going.

Chris>> There is no documentation or roadmap that shows Crystal Reports will be going away any time soon.

My supervisor wants me to run forecasting reports for giving. Is that an export or a report?

Chris>> Definitely a forecasting report. There are standard reports, and if they don’t give you what you want, you can always pull a constituent export and create a Crystal Report.

When doing data entry of a constituent, is there a recommended report for auditing entry?

Chris>> I would pull a query to audit data entry. You can pull on fields such as date added, and added by, etc.

If you are exporting total gift amounts, can you also export the funds and appeals for each gift that contributes to the total?

Chris>> No, you would need to export information about specific gifts if you want to do this.

1) I've exported 260 fields in a csv file and scheduled it to run after hours because it too a long time 2) I'm having problems exporting total gift summary where there have been adjustments and/or write offs. When viewing knowledge db there seems to not be a clear cut answer.

Chris>> Best to reach out to Support for this one.

What is the best way to export all the gifts for the organization for a particular time period?

Chris>> It depends what you need. You can export information about single gift records, or you can export summary information.

I just want to include active recurring gift in the export. Is that possible?

Chris>> You can do this. You need to create a gift query that finds all active recurring gifts in your database. Then use that query in the export (click on the “Criteria” button when you’re working with gifts…single or summary). This is a tip we didn’t cover today during the webinar, but the ability to add a query in an export provides for some ADVANCED filtering!

How do you export summary giving by quarter per donor?

Chris>> You can use multiple summary fields per export template. For each summary field, specify a specific quarter for your date range.

Is it possible to export all gifts for a donor within a certain time frame without running a Gift export? It seems as though the only way seems to be to throw a guessed # at the export and hope that was the # of gifts the donor had.

Chris>> It’s a good way, but you could also use a Gift Detail and Summary Report.

Hi Darlene, yes it'll be recorded and emailed to anyone who registers. Just register using the link above.
Will this be available later? I have a conflict and am not able to attend at this time.

Share:

Event Attendees

Going
Interested
Invited