The Month in Review: April 2022 Feature Releases
Just like that, we’re now into the month of May! With the new month here, it’s time to look back at what happened with the Education management products for April 2022.
Even with a suite of updates on deck, let’s instead take one last look back at everything that happened in the previous month. So, let’s explore all of the updates that arrived for each of the different products.
In April, the Academics team rolled out a brand-new bulk-add feature for diplomas for a limited number of schools, with plans to eventually apply it to everyone. Essentially, diploma managers can associate diplomas with students in bulk via the Grades Management Overview page. Keep in mind that this page can only be accessed by a user with the award manager or diploma manager role.
There’s certainly a lot to this new feature, so to explore everything it can do, see the help topics Grades Management Overview and Diplomas.
This month for Billing management, we’ve made a bunch of changes to the Aged account receivables report. First off, the Aged account receivables report is now sorted by student last name in descending order by default when first opening the list.
In addition, The Aged accounts receivables report now features a new Total overdue filter, Not equal to. Use the Not equal to filter to remove matching instances from appearing in the list. For example, when applying the Not equal to filter on the Total overdue column, if the value for the filter is set to $0, Total overdue balances that are not $0 appear on the report, while $0 overdue balances are filtered out.
Also during the month of April:
- ‘Roles’ is now available as an optional column on the Aged accounts receivables list, providing Billing clerks with a sortable way to identify students who are current students or not.
- Statements have received several adjustments that adjust the criteria driving aging and the presented amount due. This includes Aging now reflects the statement period or the date range, The Amount due is now specific to the amount due at the end of the statement period or the date range, and The Statement date at the top of the document now reflects the ending period in the selected statement period or date range.
- Post to GL runs now feature a new Specific credits filter to determine which credit types are included in the list of distributions.
Important reminders for our Core users! First, platform managers can now select to join the early adopter program (EAP) which forces all users to log in with Blackbaud ID (BBID) before it’s required for all schools. From Core, select Security, select Blackbaud ID authentication, select Enforce Blackbaud ID authentication, and finally select Enforce to confirm you want to join the EAP.
The last day users can log in with legacy usernames and passwords is July 25, 2022. On July 26, all users must log in with Blackbaud ID. Parents do not need to login with a single sign on (SSO), such as if parents are not part of your school’s domain. Platform managers can migrate users to Blackbaud ID via the links on the Core home dashboard. They can also export user lists for use in mail merges and other communications.
Also released this month:
- When viewing the Notification list, we've increased the number of displayed notifications from 10 to 30.
- As of this release, when platform managers export a list of users who are Awaiting response or Unregistered for Blackbaud ID (BBID), the export now shows single sign on (SSO) information too.
- When platform managers go to their Core home dashboard and view the summary of users converted to Blackbaud ID, the bar graph now includes the adoption percentage for users with Other security roles. Previously, it only showed Faculty, Parents, and Students.
- The number of notification rows when viewing the list of users subscribed to the notification or users not subscribed to the notification has been increased from 10 to 30 for better readability.
Lists were the name of the game for the EMS team in the month of April. First off, admissions managers now have access to additional fields on the Candidate list. These columns include: core custom fields (admin and publishable), Rescheduled visits and no show, and Rescheduled interviews and no show.
However, that wasn’t the only update made. Here’s a complete list of changes:
- We've added a column displaying the number of scheduled slots on the Visits, interviews and events openings list.
- Platform managers now have admin only field filters on the Candidate and Student lists.
- Billing clerks now have Core custom fields filters for the Student list.
- Once a candidate record is removed, the associated custom candidate field data will also be removed automatically.
- We've added Yesterday as a choice to the Date Picker and the Inquiry Form name filter and application form name filter have been changed to be multi-select on the Candidate list.
- The Completion status filter on the Candidates for review list is now a multi-select.
If you want the full and complete details of everything we’ve added to the Education management products in April, make sure to visit our What’s New letter. Use the Recent option at the top of the page to view past and archived releases. Want to stay updated whenever we have a new release? Get notified via email by signing up for our mailing list here.
That’s going to do it for today’s blog post, but stay tuned for our upcoming announcements right here! You won’t want to miss it!