The Financial Post
Estimated read time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Hello and welcome to The Financial Post for December 2021!
On the first Thursday of every month, we bring you the latest Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT® news on everything from current projects and initiatives to release information and much more!
If you didn’t get a chance to read the last edition of The Financial Post last month, you can check it out here.
In This Issue
This month's post features these topics:
- SKY UX® Update
- End of Support for Crystal Reports
- Meet the Team: Stacy Carlos, Software Engineer
- Stay in the Know
SKY UX Update
We’re continuing to update and modernize Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT, working behind the scenes to update to the latest version of SKY UX—the underlying framework that allows us to deliver a more cohesive user experience across many of our products.
We’ve recently released updates to Fixed Assets. You can see product screenshots and learn more about these enhancements by checking out What's New.
The next capabilities we plan to release as part of this effort will include the following areas:
- Credit Cards
- Deposits and Payments
- Journal Entry
For more detail about these enhancements, check out What's Next.
End of Support for Crystal Reports
Beginning on December 15, 2021, you will no longer have the ability to create or edit custom reports using Crystal Reports in Blackbaud Hosting Services.
For more information about third-party applications hosted in Citrix, check out this helpful resource.
Meet the Team: Stacy Carlos, Software Engineer
We want you to get to know our entire Financial Solutions team. Each month we will introduce you to someone working on Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT.
Stacy Carlos is a software developer for Financial Edge NXT. He has worked at Blackbaud for several years during his time at Rochester Institute of Technology before starting full-time on the financials team in 2017.
Although he primarily uses his Computer Science degree for work, he also has a degree in Biotechnology which he uses to teach younger students in his hometown of Columbia.
His hobbies include video games, both playing and creating, and watching every horror movie he can.
Stay in the Know
Thirsty for more Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT knowledge? Here are some of the best ways to learn more about what's coming:
- Community Announcements. The Community is a great way to stay informed. Subscribe to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Community Announcements by clicking on the "Subscribe" link at the top of this blog. You can then select how often you want update notifications.
- Release Updates. Check out What's Recent, What's New, and What's Next to get all the details on prior, current, and future releases. To help keep you up to date on the most recent developments, What's New automatically opens when you log in to the web view.
- In-Product Help. Help documentation throughout Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT is context sensitive. So, no matter where you are in the solution, you can click the bright green question mark at the top right of your screen to get help for that feature.
We hope you'll stop by to check out next month's issue!
Hi Stacy! My brother went to college in Rochester.