The Financial Post
Estimated read time: 3minutes 30 seconds
Hello and welcome to The Financial Post for February 2023!
On the first Thursday of every month, we bring you the latest Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT® news on everything from current projects and initiatives to release information and much more!
If you haven’t had a chance to read last month’s edition of The Financial Post, you can check it out here.
In This Issue
This month's post features these topics:
- What’s New
- What’s Next
- Customer Success Webinars
- Stay in the Know
We recently released the ability to add interfund sets in Financial Edge NXT web view!
You can use interfund entry sets to transfer activity between accounts in different funds and ensure distributions balance. Previously, you had to access the database view to manage interfund sets.
You add interfund sets under General ledger settings.
NOTE: We're releasing this feature in waves. If you can't add interfund sets yet, look for this enhancement in a future release.
Vendor activity report — Under Reporting, you can now add and run the Vendor activity report in web view.
We are currently working on several features and enhancements for Financial Edge NXT web view. Here are some of the updates you will see in upcoming releases:
Journal Entry enhancements — Based on your feedback, we are making enhancements to how you see and manage Journal Entry batch information. Enhancements include:
- More JE lines on the screen when adding and editing journal entry forms
- Ability to insert new JE lines between existing JE lines
- Ability to copy and reverse batches from the JE list page, instead of having to open the JE batch record page first
- On the JE batch record page, you will have access to attachments and add-ins on flyouts instead of tiles
- On the JE batch record page, pagination with 10 lines per page has been removed and infinite scrolling will be available to view more JE lines at once. Initially, 50 JE lines will be loaded; when you scroll down, the next set of 50 lines will load.
Budgets – You will soon be able to copy/forecast budgets and increase/decrease budgets in Financial Edge NXT web view!
Treasury — We’re introducing updates to Treasury's deposits and Miscellaneous (Misc.) Payments in Financial Edge NXT in the coming weeks. Misc. Payments replace Cash Receipts in the database view, so you'll no longer have access to them. Bank accounts, credit card accounts, and Treasury reports are not impacted by these changes.
To learn more about the changes, view the tutorial. If you want to participate in the EAP, click here to complete the survey.
Bank Feed (Yodlee) — We are upgrading our Yodlee/Fastlink APIs in Financial Edge NXT to improve performance and offer better user experience. This upgrade also supports Open banking.
Payables Business Rules — You will soon be able to manage Payables business rules in web view. Business rules help you customize standard procedures and requirements.
Payables Reports — The Aged Payables reports will soon be available in web view.
Attachments — For security purposes, we are updating how attachments are downloaded in database view and WebPortal.
We will now scan all attachments with anti-virus scanning to improve your security experience. Attachments will be accessed via a shortcut link (URL extension) that will open to a Financial Edge NXT landing page, allowing you to access and download the file.
Receivables – Receivables is currently in our Early Adopter Program phase (EAP). We are monitoring your feedback and making improvements as we prepare for general availability.
Permissions — Manage all user security from web view.
Customer Success Webinars
You're invited to join your Blackbaud Customer Success team for a 2-Part Payables series where we’ll help you set up the framework of the Payables module and walk you through the full-cycle payables process.
Financial Edge NXT: Payables – Part 1: Make Bill Paying Easy and Efficient
February 9 | 2pm ET
Chat with the Experts Live Q&A
February 16 | 2pm ET
Financial Edge NXT: Payables – Part 2: Reporting & Invoice Payment Processing
February 23 | 2pm ET
If you’re unable to attend, you can still register and view the on-demand session at a later time. To learn more, click here.
Stay in the Know
Thirsty for more Financial Edge NXT knowledge? Here are some of the best ways to learn more about what's coming:
- Community Announcements. The Community is a great way to stay informed. Subscribe to Financial Edge NXT Community Announcements by clicking on the "Subscribe" link at the top of this blog. You can then select how often you want to receive update notifications.
- Release Updates. Check out What's Recent, What's New, and What's Next to get all the details on prior, current, and future releases. To help keep you up to date on the most recent developments, What's New automatically opens when you log in to the web view.
- In-Product Help. Help documentation throughout Financial Edge NXT is context sensitive. So, no matter where you are in the solution, you can click the bright green question mark at the top right of your screen to get help for that feature.
- Product Update Briefings (PUB). Check out the most recent Financial Edge NXT PUB from BBCON in October, now on demand, to hear from our product management team directly on the latest and upcoming development for Financial Edge NXT!
We hope you'll stop by to check out next month's issue!
Leave a Comment
Looking forward to all the great enhancements coming our way.