The Month in Review: December 2021 Feature Releases
While we may be in a different year entirely, let’s get in our time machine one last time to 2021 where we can review everything we added to the Education management products this past December.
After a couple weeks off, the Community Blog is back in full swing and we’re kicking 2022 off the only way I know how: looking back at everything we added to the Education Management products during December 2021.
Here’s everything you need to know for our new updates, features, and fixes. Enjoy!
The Academics team made a number of updates and additions in December. Faculty members who teach a class in multiple terms can toggle between terms in the Seating Chart by selecting an academic term in the upper right of the screen. This feature will not display for classes that are only one term in length or for faculty members who only teach one term of a multi-term class.
- A diploma manager can now add inactive courses to a degree requirement. This will allow the school to award a degree to an existing student who took courses that are now inactive.
- When editing a course, the Add other prerequisite menu now includes a search bar. Previously course names appeared in a dropdown menu.
For December, the Core team made some adjustments to Sky Reporting. Security tasks for Analyze no longer appear in Core. The menu option no longer appears in the “app” (top navigation in your school colors). Instead, use the security roles and tools in their other location. In a previous release, SKY Reporting tools moved to the Education area (top navigation in grey). If you encounter an error when you attempt to access them, ask a school administrator to check your security missions. For details, review this article.
Also released this month:
- Household information now appears on Student lists in Core. List managers can select to include the household column to view the Household ID and Salutation.
- Users who navigate away from the Handle Profile Changes list will have their filters saved for when they return to it.
This month for EMS, we gave School forms manager an export button for each category for School Form Submissions. This includes: Submitted, With Declining Recipients, Started, Not Started, and Without Recipients.
Also this month:
- Parents of candidates can now view the interview date/time on the checklist step once it has been scheduled by the school.
- We've made visual improvements on the Committee Review Summary and Checklist for admissions managers viewing the total scores and matrix.
- Re/enrollment managers can now generate contracts in bulk right from the Assign Contract types wizard.
For Billing Management in December, the team made a change in the Aged accounts receivables list. User ID and Student ID are now optional columns on the Aged accounts receivables list, enabling Billing clerks to include either column in .csv and .pdf report exports. Use these new columns to find students in Billing management after reviewing exported reports.
Also this month:
- Student classification is now available as a journal reference segment for charges when posting to the general ledger.
- Include student grade level references to provide more information when reconciling the general ledger.
- Billing clerks and payers who view or print 1098Ts for the 2021 tax year no longer see Method changed (Box 3). However, Method changed (Box 3) remains for previous tax years.
Alright, enough with 2021 already. Next week, we’re moving forward with new blogs on content that will be of importance during the January time frame. Lists and Contracts are on deck, so don’t miss it! See you then!