Blackbaud Education Management What's New For June 28, 2022
Here are all of the latest changes, updates, and new features for the Education management products for June 28, 2022.
Missed any of our weekly releases? You can catch up on everything in our Month in Review blog posts, which cover every feature and update Education management releases each month.
Important change announcement
What’s New ContentStarting with our June 7th release, What’s new information moves to a weekly blog post housed in the K12 community. What’s new content will appear on the site no later than 2 pm the Monday before our Tuesday release date.
To receive email notifications when the What’s new update appears, make sure to subscribe to the community’s blog by logging into the community site and selecting the Subscribe button. The existing email process goes away when we officially move the content to the community blog on June 7th, so to receive emails you must subscribe through the community.
To manage your community subscriptions:
- Log into the community and locate your name and profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Select the drop-down arrow and select My Account.
- From the My Account page, select the Subscriptions tab and scroll down to the Blogs section.
- Locate Blackbaud K-12 Education solutions Blog. If you want to be notified as soon as the What’s new content goes live on the community, select the Instant option. You can also opt for Daily and Weekly notifications.
- Scroll to the end of the page and select Save changes.
Edit student enrollment via Requests and RecommendationsUsers who edit a student's enrollment via the Requests and recommendations list will now be directed to the modern Edit student enrollment page. Select the context menu beside a student's name and then Edit student enrollment. Make any changes and then select Save and close.
We will be making the modern enrollment editing tool available via other areas of Education Management in the coming weeks. For more information, see the help topic Edit student enrollment.
ContractsRe/enrollment managers no longer have access to the Assign contract types tab. Instead, the functionality can be found in a new wizard from Manage contract forms instead.
Blackbaud ID: Migrate this by September 27, 2022Platform managers can migrate users to Blackbaud ID via the links on the Core home dashboard. They can also export user lists for use in mail merges and other communications.
We’ve extended the deadline to migrate users. Ensure your school’s users are on BBID by September 27, 2022.
Authenticating with Blackbaud ID:
- ensures an even more secure authentication process,
- enables users to further enhance security by enabling multi-factor authentication through text messages or mobile authenticators,
- enables users to login to multiple Blackbaud solutions and support resources with a single username and password,
- enables users to login with “social authentication” via Google’s authentication requirements, password resets, and other support needs,
- enables users to help themselves reset forgotten passwords, rather than platform managers needing to provide tech support for forgotten passwords,
- enables schools to enable an optional SSO for any roles they prefer, so that those users sign in with the school’s identity providers and the school can then manage the users in their claimed domains.
Enforce Blackbaud ID Requirement (Opt-In to EAP)Platform managers can select to join the early adopter program (EAP) which forces all users to log in with Blackbaud ID (BBID) before it’s required for all schools.
From Core, select Security, select Blackbaud ID authentication, select Enforce Blackbaud ID authentication, and finally select Enforce to confirm you want to join the EAP.
When you enforce BBID, all users, regardless of their security role, will be required to log in with Blackbaud ID.
During the EAP, you can revert and opt out to stop enforcing BBID. However, later this year, it will still be enforced for all schools, all users, and all security roles, as previously announced.