PayPal Now Available For Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT - To All US Customers
Enabling PayPal with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT for donation and registration forms gives you the opportunity to:
- Offer one of the most trusted payment methods globally and expand your impact by connecting with over 400 million active accounts around the world
- Help create a more satisfying giving experience for donors who prefer PayPal.
- Seamlessly activate PayPal for your Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT donation and registration forms, creating smooth and secure checkout experience for your donors
- Streamline operations with gift reporting and receipting in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT
How do I get started?
Activating PayPal is easy. To get started, you’ll need:
- Blackbaud Merchant Services account (active)
- PayPal Business account
- Blackbaud Checkout-enabled donation form
- Set up PayPal with Blackbaud Checkout (Knowledgebase)
- Integrate PayPal and Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT (20 min OnDemand webinar)
- Note that if you enabled PayPal as a payment method for Blackbaud Online Express, you don’t need to complete the PayPal integration a second time. PayPal automatically appears as a payment option on your Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT forms.
If you need to set up a new payment processing account, here's how to do this:
- Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) see: How to set up or register for a Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) account
- PayPal Business account: To get started, follow the instructions for setting up the integration. A "new account creation" workflow will launch if you do not already have an account.
 Morning Consult - The 15 Most Trusted Brands Globally. March 2021. Morning Consult surveyed over 330,000 consumers across 10 international markets to provide a global view on the current state of consumer trust across brands. https://morningconsult.com/most-trusted-brands-2021/
 PayPal Q2:2021 Earnings call https://investor.pypl.com/home/default.aspx
Great work. So Venmo is not quite live yet (but it sounds close)? I don't see any instructions on setting up Venmo yet.
@Kelly Bodie - We released the functionality to support Venmo as a payment method on Wednesday, like you saw. Due to unforeseen issues with processing payments through Venmo, we had to disable this functionality. We're working to determine what caused the issue and to implement a permanent fix. We'll post an update to this blog (it might be in a “What’s new” post) once we have re-enabled Venmo as a payment method.
Venmo appeared yesterday in my checkout forms and then disappeared. Is this happening to everyone (and I expect Blackbaud is working through it)? Or do I need to do something special?
This is really exciting!
Are there plans to make PayPal available for recurring gifts in the future?
Recurring wallet payments are definitely be a future goal, yes. We're actively exploring this.
Yay! One step closer.
Will Blackbaud be adding the option for PayPal processing into the Payments API?
@Candy Reichert - PayPal processing via API is not on our near-term roadmap.